Established in 1972, Mirvac is a leading brand in Australian property, consistently delivering innovative and high quality products that exceed expectations. Mirvac have recreated Harold Park, from historic landmark to a beautiful inner city suburb set within 3.8 hectares of parkland. With the surrounding suburbs on one side and the harbour foreshore on the other, these architecturally designed homes and apartments blend seamlessly with the local environment.
For many centuries this land was Eora country. In 1790, the British administration granted 400 acres to the Church of England, an area known as ‘The Glebe’.
Post-war migrants flocked here in the mid 20th century, and the families they established make up much of the diverse population that characterises the Inner West today. There are the old wharves at Blackwattle Bay – still a working maritime precinct – and the fishing boats moored at the Pyrmont markets, buzzing with pre dawn activity before the morning fish auctions. The historic Rozelle Tramsheds, preserved within Harold Park itself, remain a symbol of the area’s important heritage.
- The early days of Harold Park, 1892.
Built in 1904, the Rozelle tram depot provided one of the area’s largest workplaces, bringing punters to the races in their thousands.
The first section was opened on 17 April 1904 as a 25-car road shed and by 1918, the depot had a capacity of 200 tramcars and a prize-winning garden. The depot was a hive of activity, employing hundreds of local workers and bringing together the suburbs, and the people of the Inner West. This was the second largest tram depot to service the Sydney network.
- The Rozelle tram depot office gardens, 1929.
Harold Park holds a special place in the hearts of many Australians. Bought by the NSW Harness Racing Club in 1911, Harold Park began as a modest daytime entertainment venue.
Within 20 years, crowds and interest had grown markedly. At the height of the 1930s crowds of 2,000 to 3,000 passed through Harold Park’s turnstiles to witness the thrilling exploits of pacers and trotters. Racing under lights was introduced in 1949, and by the 50s and 60s Harold Park was the social hub of the Inner West. In the words of historian Wayne Peake, “Friday nights under the ribbon of light at Harold Park had become an iconic Sydney experience”.
- A night at the trots in Harold Park’s heyday.
Purchasers should note the public open space area may not be complete at settlement. Its design, landscaping and embellishment is the responsibility of the City of Sydney Council. The commencement and finalisation of the embellishment works, including access to the public open space, is entirely within the control of the City of Sydney Council at their sole discretion. Image shows the Harold Park development site superimposed onto aerial photograph and is indicative only and subject to change as the development proceeds. Distance calculated as the crow flies.
Harold Park’s design is inspired by its historic Victorian surrounds, remaining true to an era of tree-lined streets and graceful rows of houses.
Residences are set in intimate, low and mid-rise buildings, whilst the terrace homes offer a modern take on the traditional terraces that line the local streets of Annandale, Glebe and Forest Lodge.
You’ll see the Mirvac mark of quality everywhere you look, from excellence in construction through to immaculate interior details.
- Harold Park, Scotsman Street.
Set on the southern edge of the parklands, Vance is conveniently located close to the Sydney Harbour foreshore. Next door you’ll find the revitalised Tramsheds and light rail network.*
The Inner West is home to The University of Sydney and the University of Technology, two of Australia’s most reputable universities. Local childcare facilities and schools include Saint Scholastica’s College, Forest Lodge Public School, Saint James’ School and Glebe Point School.
- Your location guide.
Once a place of docklands, factories and mills, today the Inner West hosts some of Sydney’s most sought after destinations. Streets have been gentrified, old buildings have been restored, warehouses have become apartments, and cafés have given new life to street corners.
As you stroll up the road from Harold Park, you’ll find boutique new cafés and eateries are popping up all over the place. Tuck yourself into a cozy café with a quinoa salad, or hang out on the corner with your favourite barista sipping lattes. Any way you look at it, when it comes to great food and culture, the Inner West is the place to be.
- Stepping out in the Inner West.
Head up to Glebe for a variety of great retail options or over to Newtown for some of Sydney’s best retail therapy.
The Inner West has a variety of shopping destinations. Spend your Saturdays at Eveleigh Markets, one of Sydney’s most renowned foodie destinations, or pop over to Broadway Shopping Centre for a diverse range of fashion and food retailers – the choice is yours.
- Window shopping in Broadway Shopping Centre.
Your new backyard will be part of a sweeping 20-hectare natural network linking Jubilee, Federal and Bicentennial Parks to the Sydney Harbour foreshore.
It’s all yours for the taking – wander along the foreshore walk that skirts picturesque Rozelle and Blackwattle Bay. Along the way you’ll pass by sports fields and playgrounds while enjoying breath-taking views of the harbour, the Anzac Bridge and the city skyline. All this just moments from your doorstep.
- Early morning harbourside stroll,
Bold, heritage inspired brickwork, overwhelmingly green with bountiful gardens. At Vance, historic design appears anew.
- Vance Exterior, Ross Street.
Set across two individual buildings, this collection of luxury apartments is designed to impress.
- Harold Park, Ross Street.
In a word, the Vance interiors are captivating. Drawing inspiration from the Tramsheds and the neighbourhood’s rich heritage, we’ve taken our passion for luxury and design to make Vance the architectural masterpiece it is.
- 3 bedroom apartment, level 8.
- 2 bedroom apartment, level 4.
Trimmed with the finest finishes, contrasting tones and sleek fixtures create a sense of luxury like nowhere else.
- 1 bedroom apartment, level 1.
The heritage listed Rozelle Tramsheds are being adapted to create a distinctive retail and leisure destination whilst retaining the iconic character and industrial proportions of the existing building.
Beneath the majestic saw-tooth roof you’ll find a foodie’s paradise inspired by the glorious food halls of Europe. A great place to catch up, our vision encompasses wine bars, cafés, restaurants, bakeries, delicatessens and more in a unique heritage setting.
- Harold Park, Tramsheds.
The outdoor garden offers sunken landscapes, hanging vines, vertical gardens and a fern gulley along the northern edge of the courtyard. Wander through lush greenery, along boardwalks and underneath hidden arbours.
- Be at home in the podium garden.
Achieving excellence in sustainability is one of the core principals at Mirvac. This commitment is outcome based, founded on the belief that as a company, we have a greater responsibility and opportunity to make decisions that will have a lasting impact.
Harold Park by Mirvac takes a holistic approach to sustainability through the design, engineering and construction of the development. All of Harold Park’s residential buildings have been designed to exceed the Building Sustainability Index (BASIX) target for water and energy by 25%. We aim to achieve this by keeping energy use to a minimum with efficient lighting and low energy appliances, with homes designed to maximise sunlight and cross-flow ventilation.*
- Jubilee Park, Harbour foreshore.
Mirvac is renowned for creating outstanding places to live, work and invest.
Established in 1972, Mirvac is a leading brand in Australian property, consistently delivering innovative and high quality products that exceed expectations. Mirvac’s success comes from listening to our customers and responding to their needs. We believe that stringent project control is key to delivering outstanding places to live and work. Mirvac manages everything from acquisition, design and construction to sales and customer service. With a focus on both style and function, Mirvac has a fundamental understanding of how to create value through uncompromising levels of comfort and quality while creating great investments for the future.
- 01 Yarra’s Edge, Melbourne, VIC.
- 02 Pier at Waterfront, Brisbane, QLD.
- 03 Latitude at Leighton Beach, WA.
- Walsh Bay, Sydney, NSW.
SCHEDULE OF FINISHES AND UPGRADES
- Living areas orientated to maximise views and sunlight.
- Room relationships are carefully planned to maximise useable space, improve privacy and reduce sound transmission.
- Rooms are generously sized and designed to be easily furnished.
- Balcony and courtyard outdoor areas flow out from internal living spaces with flush thresholds.
- Internal storage units include built-in wardrobes and linen cupboard.
- Additional basement storage allocated to all apartments sized for bicycle storage.
- Internal laundry to all apartments.
- Reverse cycle, day/night zoned air-conditioning, including a wall-mounted panel to control temperature and zoning.
- Finishes are designed to complement either contemporary or traditional furnishings.
- Generous ceiling heights (approximately 2.7m in living area and bedrooms).
- Powdercoated aluminum framed window glazing.
- Satin finished door hardware.
AcousticsThe Mirvac quality difference is evidenced by:
- Acoustic underlay to tiled areas between apartments where there are habitable floor spaces below.
- Acoustically designed inter-tenancy walls and floors.
- Rubber underlay installed with carpet floors for its high acoustic rating.
- Acoustically designed window glass and seals.
- Where appropriate, services such as plumbing pipes are wrapped in acoustic absorbing material and ceilings are acoustically designed to suit each condition.
- Miele appliances including gas cook top with wok burner, semi-integrated dishwasher, electric oven and microwave.
- Externally ducted rangehood.
- Quality finishes featuring reconstituted stone bench tops and splashback, polyurethane and timber-look laminate joinery and stainless steel sink with polished chrome tapware.
- Mirrored colourback glass feature to island benches.
- Porcelain floor tile and full height wall tiling.
- Timber-look joinery unit with mirror.
- Frameless glass shower screens.
- Concealed toilet cisterns and tiled floor wastes.
- Polished chrome tapware.
- Shower rails to 2 and 3 bedroom apartments.
- Stainless steel laundry tub with polished chrome tapware.
- Clothes washing machine.
- Clothes dryer.
- Electronic access control at main building lobbies, car park driveway entry and lifts.
- Lobby audio visual intercom for visitor access to apartments.
- Secure basement car park with remote control access.
- CCTV to selected common property areas and car park entry.
- Free to air TV point in living room and bedrooms.
- Provision for PAY-TV in living room and master bedroom.
- Provision for internet via the National Broadband Network.
- Data/phone outlet to living area and bedrooms to enable phone connection or home networking.
- Indoor living areas flow onto outdoor courtyard or balcony areas.
- Paved finish to all courtyards and balconies.
- Gas and water points to main balcony of all 3 bedroom apartments
Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESD) PrinciplesMirvac initiatives for ESD include the following:
- Commitment by Mirvac to exceed the NSW BASIX targets for water and energy consumption by 25%.
- Architecturally designed landscaped courtyard, feature green walls and planterboxes on selected roof and balcony areas utilising native and waterwise planting.
- Common property rainwater tank will be installed to capture rain water for toilet flushing, landscape irrigation and car washing.
- 4 star WELS rated taps, toilets and dishwasher. 4.5 star WELS rated clothes washing machine.
- 3 star WELS rated showers.
- Energy efficient lighting.
- Conveniently located garbage chutes for waste disposal at each apartment level.
- Pet friendly by-laws.
- Secure mailboxes.
- Integrated fridge.
- Miele appliance upgrade.
- Weathered bronze tapware and selected accessories to kitchen and bathroom/ensuite.